Monday, January 16, 2012

Redemption

So today, Tipsy just drove me off a cliff. This morning, at 6am, she woke me up with the sound of cage gnawing and rattling. Awesome. Especially after going to bed around 2 last night (my neihbors got red tagged for unruly gathering at their apartment... eek!) So I spied all night long hehe. Anyways, I let her out when I finally wake up and she just broke loose. I had every toy imaginable on the carpet for her to play with, but what did she want? To dig in the carpet and eat it. Great. I tried saying NO clapping my hands, everything to deter her away from corners and couches but nothing could stop her and her love of carpet. So I decided, there was enough light outside, lets go out. I pack her up and take her to the grassy mall of my university. She was loving it. She was running everywhere and just enjoying the sunlight and the cool grass from a recent rain. People were shouting, "I love your rabbit!" From their car windows and awgling at her from a distance. There was a group of jocks commentating for her and I heard them making remarks and guessing her name and looked over and said, "It's Tipsy." They just thought that was the greatest and bestest name anyone could ever think up. Also, plenty of dogs made their way up and down oogling at her. One just would not stop barking at her and was just so fixated on her. It was pretty funny for the both of us, me thinks. Then an older couple came over and asked me if her name was Ace. That was the name of their daughters rabbit, a brown one, but the same size as Tipsy, but 7 years her senior. So for a bit, we chatted about our rabbits and they shared pets and scratches for her and she just nestled deep in the ground to get most comfortable. Oh! And her harness, I had to loosen that soooo much! She has grown exponentially since the last time I have put that on! Big bunny indeed! But we headed back home and I let Tipsy out and she just zonked out under my bed and I took a nap myself and it was one great nap!! Didnt have to wake up to yell NO and stay partially awake to hear signs for nibbling. It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment